The Top 5 Reasons Players Will Be Turned Down For Video Game Beta Tester Jobs
Professional video game testing isn't actually that challenging. In reality, you may even go as far as to say it's an easy job that does not demand a large amount of effort. All you've got to do is turn the game on, play it as you normally would, jot down the game's problems, and then collect a paycheck after you are all done. Seriously, does that seem like a challenging job to you? I'll make an educated guess and answer for you, NO!
You Need NOT Apply For Video Game Tester Jobs If...
- You do not have a minimum of 5 years of video game experience. In all seriousness, you don't have to be considered a gaming guru who has beaten every single video game on the market. However, you do have to have basic knowledge of the gaming industry and how video game creation works. The more experience and knowledge you've got, the better off you'll be with regards to finding video game tester jobs.
- You aren't at least 18 years of age. Some game developers have been able to hire (with restrictions) gamers who are 16 years old. On the other hand, this is in most cases a rare occurrence in the industry of professional video game testing.
- You do not possess a next-gen system and/or a high-end gaming PC. Possessing both is best, but one or the other should do. If you're not current with the latest gaming technology, you don't have any hope .
- You do not possess a video game testing resume. No resume, no consideration of any sort, period. Being a game tester means having to do real work that MUST BE taken seriously. It is not a hobby you do for fun on Saturday -- it's a REAL job.
- You have inferior grammar & writing skills. Video game testers submit a great many reports & forms that are used by video game programmers to repair & improve video games. If the reports are not competently detailed and easily comprehended, the programmers can't do their job. If a programmer is not able to do his job, it generally implies the tester has not done his.
If the 5 things in the list above aren't a problem for you, then you're indeed a candidate for expert beta game testing. All that's remaining for you to do is to begin searching for game tester jobs online -- and if you know where to search, then it won't take you more than a week or two!